Juniper Networks EX6210 Ethernet Switch
96-port system: 10-slot chassis with passive backplane, 1x fan tray, 1x switch routing engine with switch fabric
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The EX6200 line of Ethernet switches delivers a scalable, resilient and high-performance wiring closet solution for enterprise campus deployments. The EX6200 is also an ideal fit for data center access deployments using end-of-row designs.
The EX6210 is a 10-slot chassis designed to support a variety of highly flexible network configurations. Two of the slots hold Switch Fabric Routing Engine (SRE) modules, while the remaining eight slots are dedicated for I/O line cards. Optional configurations allow an additional line card to be housed in an SRE slot*, enabling users to choose between higher port densities or redundant SREs.
Two EX6200 48-port 10/1000/1000BASE-T line cards are available, with and without support for the IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) standard. PoE provides 15.4 watts per port for powering networked devices such as telephones, video cameras, multiple radio IEEE 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) access points and video phones in converged network environments. The PoE line card also supports the IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard, which delivers up to 30 watts of power per port for devices that require more than the 15.4 watts provided by PoE.
At just 14 rack-units (U) high, a single EX6200 chassis can support up to 432 PoE+ ports, delivering the industry's densest PoE+ solution in its form factor class.
At just 15.5 inches deep, the EX6210 is also compact enough for traditional wiring closets, making it ideal for campus deployments.
The EX6200 switches run the same modular Junos OS control plane feature implementation as other Juniper switches, routers and security devices, providing a consistent set of features and capabilities across the Juniper network infrastructure. In addition the EX6200 comes with a rich set of Layer2 and Layer3 features that are supported in the base image without the need of an additional license. These features include IPv6 support*, very extensive Quality of Service (QoS) and a slew of security features in addition to great scalability for MAC and IP addresses.
Architecture and Key Components:
At 14 rack units (U) high and just 15.5 inches deep, the EX6210 is compact enough to easily fit in traditional wiring closets, making it ideal for campus deployments.
The chassis is cooled front to back by a single fan tray with redundant fans (three groups of two each). The EX6210 can operate with a single fan failure, and in the unlikely event of an entire fan tray failure, the system will operate for two minutes with no cooling while the fan tray is replaced.
The EX6210 switch has four power supply slots and supports 2,500 W AC, 5,000 W AC*, or 2,100 W DC power supplies (different power supplies should not be mixed in the same chassis). The EX6210 ships with a single power supply; up to three more load-sharing power supplies can be added and configured for N+1 or N+N (2+2) redundancy, providing up to 10,000 W AC (with 2,500 W AC PSUs), 20,000 W (with 5,000 W AC PSUs), or 8,400 W DC (with 2,100 W DC PSUs) to the chassis.
Switch Fabric and Routing Engine Module
The SRE module, which provides 720 Gbps (full duplex) of switching capacity to the EX6200 chassis, includes an integrated switch fabric and is responsible for system configuration and management, running bridging and routing protocols, and managing the user interface.
A front panel, chassis-level LCD panel displays Routing Engine status as well as chassis component alarm information for rapid problem identification and resolution to simplify overall operations. The LCD also provides a flexible, user-friendly interface for performing device initialization and configuration rollbacks, reporting system status and alarm notification, or restoring the switch to its default settings.
EX6200 Line Cards
Line cards are responsible for implementing packet forwarding, filtering, and queuing functions. The EX6200 line supports the following line cards:
- EX6200-48T:A 48-port 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ-45 line card offering 3 to 6 μs port-to-port latency for all packet sizes (except jumbo frame), eight quality-of-service (QoS) queues per port, and a 6 MB buffer for all 48 ports.
- EX6200-48P:Identical to the EX6200-48T, the EX6200-48P also includes support for the IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard on all 48 ports, delivering up to 30 watts of power per port for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video cameras, multiple radio IEEE 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) access points, and video phones in converged network environments. The EX6200-48P also supports the 802.3af PoE standard, which delivers up to 15.4 watts of Class 3 PoE per port.
Features & Benefits:
The EX6200 line of Ethernet switches includes the following key features and benefits:
- High PoE+ density:The EX6200 can support the high PoE+ densities required for modern enterprise deployments with large numbers of wireless access points, security cameras, smart devices, and telephones. The EX6210 can support up to 384 PoE+ ports with N+1 redundancy in a redundant configuration with two SRE modules and four 5,000 W AC power supplies* installed. The EX6210 can also support up to 432 PoE+ ports with N+1 redundancy in nonredundant configurations with one SRE module and four 5,000 W AC power supplies* installed.
- Resiliency:The EX6200 line is designed with robust HA features, including redundant power supplies to ensure hardware availability. Control plane and data plane separation, combined with the Junos OS high availability design, ensures maximum systems-level availability.
- Layer 3 feature in base image:The EX6200 includes a rich set of Layer 3 features, including OSPF support as part of the Junos OS base software image.
Configuration Options and Port Densities
The EX6210 switch supports two primary configurations: high availability (HA) and high density.
- HA configuration:In a redundant configuration with two SRE modules and up to eight EX6200 line cards installed, the EX6210 can support a maximum of 384 wire-speed 10/100/1000BASE-T ports.
- High-density configuration:In a high-density configuration, one of the SRE modules is replaced with an additional line module, bringing the total number of 10/100/1000BASE-T input/output ports to a maximum of 432. Note that this configuration introduces minor oversubscription on the ports in the system.
Junos Operating System
The EX6200 line runs the same Juniper Networks Junos® operating system used by other Juniper Networks switches, routers, and security devices. By utilizing a common operating system across multiple product families, Juniper delivers a consistent implementation and operation of control plane features across all products.
The EX6200 line of Ethernet switches fully integrates with Juniper Networks Unified Access Control as well as third-party UAC solutions. UAC consolidates all aspects of a user's identity, device, and location, enabling administrators to enforce access control and security down to the individual port or user level.
Working as an enforcement point within the UAC, the EX6200 provides both standards-based 802.1X port-level access control as well as Layer 2–4 policy enforcement based on user identity, location, and/or device. A user's identity, device type, machine posture check, and location can be used to determine whether access should be granted and for how long. If access is granted, the switch assigns the user to a specific VLAN based on authorization levels. The switch can also apply QoS policies or mirror user traffic to a central location for logging, monitoring, or threat detection by intrusion prevention systems.
The EX6200 also provides a full range of Layer 2 and Layer 3 port security features, including Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, dynamic ARP inspection (DAI), and media access control (MAC) limiting to defend against internal and external spoofing, man in the middle, and denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
The following system management options are available for the EX6200 line of Ethernet switches.
- The standard Junos OS command-line interface (CLI) offers the same granular management capabilities and scripting parameters found in any router or switch powered by Junos OS.
- The integrated Junos Web management tool provides an embedded device manager that allows users to configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and perform system maintenance on individual switches via a browser-based graphical interface.
- Juniper Networks Junos Space, an open, programmable application platform for hosting a comprehensive suite of network operational application tools provides an open approach for automating the deployment and operation of a Juniper infrastructure. Explicitly designed to allow partners and customers to build and deploy smart, simple, and easy-to-use applications, Junos Space provides multiple management and infrastructure applications for managing Juniper resources and assets, including inventory management, device and interface configuration, automated software management and deployment, and event-driven fault management. These Junos Space applications offer predefined automation schemes and best practice templates to enable rapid and accurate configurations.
Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty
The EX6200 includes an enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty that provides next business day advanced hardware replacement for as long as the original purchaser owns the product. The warranty includes lifetime software updates, advanced shipping of replacement hardware within one business day, and 24x7 Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC) support for 90 days after the purchase date. Power supplies and fan trays are covered for a period of five years.
The EX6210 is a highly scalable campus wiring closet solution, supporting up to 432 GbE access ports per chassis. The switch is designed for mobility and enterprise-class services with high density of PoE+, making it ideal for converged data, voice, and video deployment environments.
EX6200 campus access deployment
The EX6210 is also an ideal solution for GbE data center server access end-of-row or middle-of-row deployments. The switch's modular chassis form factor enables IT to consolidate locations for networking equipment, while the front-to-back airflow optimizes data center deployments.
EX6200 data center 1GbE access deployment
|Front View||Rear View|
|Form Factor||10-slot modular chassis|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.3 x 24.3 x 15.5 in (43.9 x 61.7 x 39.4 cm)
14 rack unit
|Backplane Speed||4.4 Tbps backplane capacity|
|Throughput||690 Mpps system throughput|
|10/100/1000BASE-T Port Densities||
|100BASE-FX / 1000BASE-X (SFP) Port Densities||8 1GbE/10GbE SFP/SFP+ uplink ports on SRE modules|
|10GBASE-X Port Densities||8 1GbE/10GbE SFP/SFP+ uplink ports on SRE modules|
|Traffic Monitoring||sFlow (roadmap)|
|QoS Queues / Port||8|
|Jumbo Frames||9216 Bytes|
|IPv4 Unicast / Multicast Routes||16,000 / 8,000|
|Number of VLANs||16,000|
|ARP Entries||128,000 maximum|
|EX6210 System Capacity|
|Maximum backplane capacity||4.4 Tbps|
|Maximum system throughput||690 Mpps|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 113° F (0° to 45° C)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° to 158° F (-40° to 70° C)|
|Relative Humidity (Operating)||5% to 90% (noncondensing)|
|Relative Humidity (Non-Operating)||0% to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Altitude (Operating)||Up to 13,000 ft (3,964 m)|
|Altitude (Non-Operating)||Up to 16,000 ft (4,877 m)|
|Safety and Compliance|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility Certifications||
|Environmental||Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) 5/6|
|Telco||Common Language Equipment Identifier (CLEI) code|
|Warranty||Enhanced limited lifetime hardware warranty|
Additional Feature Specifications:
|Layer 2 Switching
Layer 3 Features
Access Control List (ACLs) (Junos OS firewall filters)
Services and Manageability
** Unless explicitly specified for any particular MIB table or variables, Junos OS does not support SNMP set operations.
Download the Juniper Networks EX6200 Ethernet Switch Datasheet(PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $9,737.28
Our Price: $3,912.30
Our Price: $1,738.80
Our Price: $1,477.98
Our Price: $730.14
Our Price: $139.27
Our Price: $56.35
Our Price: $52.33