Juniper Networks BTI7020
Optical Transport Platforms
Get a Quote!
BTI7000 Series packet optical transport platforms deliver massively scalable, carrier-grade networking to metro service networks. You can easily deploy these systems across mobile backhaul, Ethernet business services, and broadband residential applications, as you need to aggregate more and more traffic at the services edge.
With high densities and capacity in a compact, modular form factor, the converged packet optical system conserves precious rack space while delivering service-oriented connectivity. The platform has been purpose-built for the consolidation of packet optical service delivery, wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM), Reconfigurable Add Drop Multiplexer (ROADM), and photonic layer building blocks, and can address campus, metro, and regional long-haul applications.
Juniper Networks® BTI7000 line of packet optical transport systems effectively addresses high-capacity network and service requirements. Purpose-built to consolidate packet optical service delivery, wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM), reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexing (ROADM), and photonic layer building blocks, the BTI7000 platforms integrate seamlessly with the BTI7800 and BTI800 product lines, and Juniper Networks proNX software to address campus, metro, and regional long haul applications.
The BTI7000 line is composed of three platforms: the BTI7200, BTI7060, and BTI7020 Packet Optical Transport Systems.
BTI7000 Platform Overview
|Model||Service Slots||Rack Units|
|BTI7200||20 (expandable up to 60)||7|
|BTI7060||6 (expandable up to 24)||2|
|BTI7020||2 (passive only)||1|
|BT7A51AR (w/rear -48 V access)||BT7A50AR (w/rear -48 V access)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||Without cover: 12.2 x 17.3 x 11.0 in (31.11 x 43.95 x 28.0 cm)||Without cover: 3.5 x 17.3 x 1||Without cover: 1.74 x 17.3 x 11.0 in (4.44 x 43.95 x 27.94 cm)|
|With cover: 12.2 x 17.3 x 12.0 in (31.11 x 43.95 x 30.5 cm)||With cover: 3.5 x 17.3 x 12.0 in (8.89 x 43.95 x 30.48 cm)||With cover: 1.74 x 17.3 x 12.0 in (4.44 x 43.95 x 30.48 cm)|
|Weight (empty)||9.1 kg||5.9 kg||2.5 kg|
|Power consumption||-48 V DC, 35 A (max) AC power options available Power per 10 Gbps = 25 W (typical)||-48 V DC, 10 A (max) AC power options available Power per 10 Gbps = 25 W (typical)||N/A|
|Extended temperature support||-5° to +50°C||-20° to +65°C||-20° to +65°C|
|Environmental and safety certifications||Telcordia NEBS Level 3, Earthquake Zone 4, GR-63-CORE, GR-78-CORE, FCC Part 15 Class A, GR-1089- CORE, IEC/UL/CSA 60950, IEC 60825||Telcordia NEBS Level 3, Earthquake Zone 4, GR-63-CORE, GR-78-CORE, FCC Part 15 Class A, GR-1089- CORE, IEC/UL/CSA 60950, IEC 60825||Telcordia NEBS Level 3, Earthquake Zone 4, GR-63-CORE, GR-78-CORE, FCC Part 15 Class A, GR-1089- CORE, IEC/UL/CSA 60950, IEC 60827|
Features and Benefits:
- End-to-End Packet Optical Networking: BTI7000 devices offer a common platform across multiple form factors to deliver end-to-end network solutions—from customer premises to metro core—that converge Carrier Ethernet, multiprotocol optical client interfaces, coarse wavelength-division multiplexing (CWDM) and dense wavelengthdivision multiplexing (DWDM), ROADM, and photonic layer modules, all in one platform.
- Flexible Shelf Architectures: BTI7000 platforms offer modular utility for service connectivity and infrastructure applications. The any-slot-any-module architecture enables provisioning and deployment of any mix of packet or optical layer modules to address diverse networking requirements and applications in a configuration that best fits your operational model.
- Expansion Shelf Architectures for Seamless Scalability: The BTI7200 and BTI7060 support an industry-leading expansion shelf architecture which enables a flexible pay-as-you-grow deployment model that allows capital expenditures to be granularly attuned to service growth. The expansion architecture allows deployment of additional BTI7200 or BTI7060 shelves, providing incremental service slots that are viewed and managed as a single network entity through the main shelf, greatly simplifying operations.
- Common Management and Control: The BTI7000 platforms all use the same software, system control processor, and cooling units. Additionally, the proNX software manages the entire Juniper Networks BTI Series Packet Optical Transport Systems and Ethernet Access Device portfolio, delivering a consistent operational model, common software releases, and minimized sparing costs
- The BTI7000 line of packet optical transport systems provides carrier-grade, high availability power, cooling, and client service module and network management communications.
- The System Control Processor controls platform operation, providing external communications for craft access and small form-factor pluggable optics for optical supervisory channel and expansion shelf architecture communications.
- A main shelf interface (MSI) provides alarm and shelf status indicators, an IP addressable Ethernet interface to LAN management, and a 26-pin connector for housekeeping alarms.
- The common communication module (CCM) communicates with the client service and reach extension modules, acting as the primary interface of expansion shelves back to the main shelf within an expansion shelf architecture.
- The BTI7000 cooling unit consists of two independent, hotswappable, multispeed fans which can support extended temperatures.
- BTI7000 platforms provide integrated, redundant, front- or rear-mounted -48 V DC feeds. Typical power consumption is 25 W per 10 Gbps for a fully loaded system.
|Module size||Single slot||Single slot|
|MSI||Pec code||BT7A53EA||BT7A53BA, BT7A53BB|
|Module size||Dedicated slot||Dedicated slot|
|Expansion shelf interface*||Pec code||N/A||BT7A54BA|
|Module size||N/A||Dedicated slot|
|Cooling unit||Pec code||BT7A52EA||BT7A52DA, BT7A52EA|
|Dedicated slot||Dedicated slot|
|AC power module||Pec code||BT7A58DA, BT7A58DB||BT7A58AA|
|Module size||Increases shelf height by 1 U||Increases shelf depth to 465 mm|
|Common communication module||Pec code||BT7A54EA||N/A|
|Module size||Dedicated slot||N/A|
Download the Juniper Networks BTI7000 Series Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!