Juniper Networks ACX7100-32C
Universal Metro Router
Our Price: $72,450.00
Our Price: $72,450.00
Emerging 5G, IoT, and low-latency virtualized edge services offer network operators a transformational opportunity to deliver new applications and services efficiently and securely at cloud scale. The ACX7100 Series sets new benchmarks for capacity, density, and low latency in the ACX family of access and aggregation routers.
ACX7100 platforms deliver 4.8 Tbps of ASIC forwarding capacity in an energy-efficient 1 U footprint. They bring port speed flexibility of 10GE to 400GE services to metro, enterprise, and data center use cases supporting ZR and ZR+ pluggable transceivers, the latest protocol and traffic engineering technologies, and advanced timing capabilities.
The ACX7100-32C is ideal for secure, high-end service aggregation, with 32 100GE ports, 4 400GE ports, and MACsec on all ports. The ACX7100-48L is ideal for service aggregation throughout your network, with cloud-scale-inspired port speed variety (10GE, 20GE, 50GE, and 6 ports of 400GE).
The Juniper Networks ACX7100 Series is designed to help operators achieve their capital, operational, and user experience goals. The ACX7100 offers industryleading power efficiency in a compact form factor. It delivers 4.8 Tbps of ASIC forwarding capacity, cloud-inspired native port speeds that include 400GbE quad small form-factor pluggable transceiver (QSFP56-DD) interfaces, and Media Access Control Security (MACsec) options—making it ideal for metro high-end aggregation, large enterprise, and top-of-rack, spine-leaf data center applications.
Combined with the power of Junos OS Evolved and the Juniper Paragon Automation Portfolio, the ACX7100 is fully equipped to help operators realize their capital and operational objectives while thriving in the 5G, IoT, and cloud era. Platform capabilities include: deep buffers; a full complement of Layer 2/Layer 3 and MPLS protocols and features; advanced programmability, telemetry, and network slicing technologies enabling dynamic service creation; and the ability to seamlessly integrate with emerging distributed edge compute architectures. Designed for metro, large enterprise, and data center use cases, the ACX7100 is also a foundational building block of an IP services fabric in a Juniper Cloud Metro solution.
The ACX710 Product Offering
The ACX7100 Router comes in two models, each equipped to address the challenges and opportunities of the 5G, IoT, and cloud era:
- ACX7100-32C: The ACX7100-32C provides full duplex ASIC throughput of 4.8 Tbps in a 1 U fixed platform designed for applications that require dense fan-out in a small, power-efficient footprint. It supports 32 ports of 100GbE and 4 ports of 400GbE QSFP56-DD, including MACsec support on all ports.
- ACX7100-48L: The ACX7100-48L provides full duplex ASIC throughput of 4.8 Tbps in a 1 U fixed platform designed for applications that require dense fan-out in a small, power-efficient footprint. It supports cloud-inspired service rates, and port-by-port configuration of native 10GbE (SFP+), 25GbE (SFP28), and 50GbE (SFP56) on all 48 service ports, including 6 ports of 400GbE QSFP56-DD for granular aggregation in metro, large enterprise, and data center applications.
ACX7100 platforms provide investment protection to operators. Juniper incorporates an innovative circuit board design to deliver groundbreaking performance, increased system memory for enhanced scaling, and cooling innovations that enable the use of cutting-edge pluggable transceiver technologies. Efficient cooling within these 1 U platforms enables ZR/ZR+ pluggable transceiver technology to be fully deployed on all 100GbE and 400GbE ports simultaneously, delivering industry-leading flexibility and capacity. Integrated port variety, density, and flexibility provide previously unattainable levels of scale and long-term transformation in a fixed form factor.
The Juniper Networks ACX Series family offers a variety of access and aggregation solutions, including Juniper Networks ACX500, ACX710, ACX1000, ACX2000, ACX4000, ACX5000, ACX6000 and ACX7100 Series. The density, capacity, agility, and flexibility of the broad ACX Series supports a range of use cases.
- Universal Metro Access and Aggregation: ACX Series platforms offer a full suite of routing features, allowing you to choose a deployment model that best fits your exacting business and technical requirement. Create a converged multiservice metro or Cloud Metro architecture that best supports your business, residential, and wholesale connectivity service needs. The ACX Series can be deployed as highly versatile access routers, Ethernet VPN (EVPN) and virtual private LAN service (VPLS) routers, MPLS label-switching (LSR) routers, and as Layer 2 Ethernet or Layer 3 IP routers. Select platforms incorporate packet optical convergence capabilities enabling dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) wavelengths to efficiently interconnect IP/packet and DWDM networks.
- Data Center and Edge Compute: The ACX7100 Router is ideal for data center/cloud applications, with support for multiple overlay encapsulation methods, including Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), network virtualization using GRE (NVGRE), MPLS over UDP, MPLS over GRE, 802.1BR, SRMPLS, and SR-v6. The ACX7100-32C router also supports data plane security with inline MACsec on all ports.
- Enterprise WAN: Enterprises and government agencies worldwide use ACX Series platforms to build their own Layer 2, Layer 3, and MPLS networks.
- Mobile Backhaul: ACX Series platforms support highly scalable and reliable hardware-based timing that meets the strictest 4G/5G requirements. These include Synchronous Ethernet for frequency and the Precision Time Protocol (PTP) for frequency and phase synchronization, enabling deployment in next-generation mobile applications such as 5G.
Packet Optical Convergence: When the application calls for increased transport capacity, reach, resiliency, or to interconnect an IP/packet network to an optical transport network, it is convenient and cost effective to leverage a routing platform that offers integrated DWDM interfaces. Referred to as packet optical convergence platforms, these types of platforms have the ability to convert Ethernet circuits into a DWDM signal, which can be multiplexed with other DWDM channels onto a single optical fiber and efficiently transported over an optical layer without the need for additional, costly, standalone DWDM transponders.
With the advent of new, small form-factor technologies like QSFP56-DD pluggable optics and 400ZR/ZR+ pluggable transceivers, it is now possible to choose on a port-by-port basis between grey client interfaces (400GbE LR4) for shorter distances and coherent DWDM interfaces (400ZR/ZR+) for longer distances, as well as transport over active optical line systems—all without sacrificing platform density. Juniper’s integration of QSFP-DD Interfaces in its solutions, including the ACX7100 Router, allows for considerable capital savings for operators compared to the traditional use of external DWDM transponders.
Architecture and Key Components:
Juniper Cloud Metro—built for experience-first networking
Powered by the Junos OS Evolved operating system, the ACX7100 adds a new dimension to Juniper’s portfolio of service provider, large enterprise, and data center solutions. Designed to address the rapid growth of mobile, video, and edge compute services, the ACX Series has been integral to Juniper’s proven IP/MPLS leadership from core and edge to access and aggregation. As services change, though, so must service architectures.
The emergence of 5G, IoT, and cloud are influencing how services are delivered. What’s needed are purpose-built platforms that combine to create an agile IP service fabric capable of intelligently steering traffic to dynamic resource instantiations. Operators with the ability to strategically locate virtualized services across a distributed cloud and meet the service experience expectations of every user over a single, converged service network will be able to optimize capital investments, reduce operational expenses, and enable experience-first networking.
- Cloud Metro: Juniper’s Cloud Metro is a converged multiservice networking solution that takes the most powerful cloud principles used in massive hyperscale data centers and adapts them to metro networking. It is designed to optimize the experience of both network operators and the customers they serve in the 5G, IoT, and cloud era. It redefines outcomes from being purely connectivity-driven, to being completely experiencedriven. A Cloud Metro, deployable in both brownfield and greenfield environments, intelligently and efficiently steers traffic to the best physical and virtual resource to minimize latency and optimize user experiences. It leverages automation to accelerate and simplify network operations and showcase service delivery sophistication and quality that only network operators, and their Cloud Metro networks, can achieve:
- One converged metro for all use cases
- Agile service delivery with network slicing and active assurance
- Advanced protocols, timing, scale, and automation
- Ubiquitous: The ACX Series family of access and aggregation routers covers the breadth of use cases and applications in traditional metro architectures. Deployed within a Cloud Metro architecture, the ACX Series portfolio becomes part of an IP service fabric capable of steering traffic to physical and virtual resources strategically placed across a distributed cloud architecture for optimum user experience. Control and user plane separation (CUPS) is used to enable independent steering of user plane functions to the best resource option that conforms to SLA requirements. Network slicing technologies are used to established and manage virtualized and customized traffic engineering across a Cloud Metro to achieve experiencefirst networking. The ACX7100 has been engineered to excel within a Cloud Metro architecture.
- Dense Fan-Out: ACX Series platforms provide a variety of port speeds to address the exacting needs of access and aggregation use cases. The innovative design of the ACX7100 has been engineered to establish new benchmarks for what can be achieved in a 1 U platform that delivers:
- 100GbE, 400GbE services, and cloud-inspired port rate diversity (10GbE, 25GbE, 50GbE, 100GbE, and 400GbE)
- 4.8 Tbps of ASIC forwarding capacity
- The thermal efficiencies required to support a fully loaded compact platform of 100GbE and 400GbE services.
- Junos OS Evolved: Junos OS Evolved is a unified, endto-end network operating system that provides reliability, agility, and open programmability for successful cloud-scale deployments. With Junos OS Evolved, you can enable higher availability, accelerate your deployments, innovate more rapidly, and operate your network more efficiently.
- Junos OS Evolved is a modern network operating system supporting third-party applications and tools due to its ability to run natively on Linux.
- It uses an integrity solution called Integrity Measurement Architecture (IMA), and a companion mechanism called the Extended Verification Module (EVM).
- These open-source protections are part of a set of Linux Security Modules that are industry-standard and consistent with the trust mechanisms specified by the Trusted Computing Group.
- Junos OS Evolved also supports other security features such as trusted platform model infrastructure, hardened secure BIOS, and secure boot.
Juniper has aligned Junos OS Evolved with Junos operating system so that you can seamlessly continue to manage and automate your Juniper network while receiving a consistent One Junos experience.
Built-In Interface Options for ACX7100 Models
|10GbE/25GbE/ 50GbE SFP-56||0||481|
|100GbE QSFP28/ QSFP-DD||32||0|
1 One of these ports support 10G/25G only
Maximum Port Capacity Supported Per Port Speed
All ports on ACX7100 platforms support service breakout options.
1 GbE optics will be supported on ACX7100-32C only for Grand Master (GM) using QSA adaptor
2 One of these ports supports 10GbE/25GbE only
3 4xx 25GbE and 4x 10 GbE breakout options are supported on any 2 ports of 4x 100GbE port groups
Features and Benefits:
The ACX Series delivers essential levels of programmability, reliability, and scalability to service provider, large enterprise, and data center networks. The ACX7100 is designed to support the initiatives of converging network services onto a single network to deliver experience-first networking while lowering the total cost of operations, administration, maintenance, and provisioning (OAMP).
The ACX7100 is designed to support all types of services and applications. Operators will find use case-specific features like VXLANs, which are popular in data centers, as well as universal features like MACsec on all the interfaces of the ACX7100-32C, or QSFP56-DD interfaces and ZR/ZR+ pluggable transceivers on Juniper 400GbE platforms enabling packet optical convergence.
These leading-edge solutions come equipped to address today’s known challenges, and they are engineered to evolve to address tomorrow’s unknown challenges. Unlike vertically targeted platforms from other vendors where organizationally siloed product development teams focus on the requirements of a specific market vertical, Juniper identifies specific features that support multiple use cases, offering network operators licensed software profiles that competitively align to the requirements and value expectations of the respective markets. ACX7100 enhancements created for one market that have universal appeal in other markets can be efficiently and effectively transferred across licensed profiles on the same platform.
Stringent Mobile Backhaul Requirements
Wholesale connectivity services, including mobile backhaul, cloud connect, branch office interconnect, and others, are a significant source of revenue for network operators. As mobile operators continue to build out their 5G physical and virtualized infrastructures and operations, metro operators will encounter increasing opportunities to showcase and profit from their network capabilities for connectivity services. For 5G services, this requires support for advanced timing and synchronization. To deliver upon the agility, scale, latency, and experience expectations of 5G mobile operators and consumers, new capabilities and architectures will be required, as prescribed by a Juniper Cloud Metro. This includes the essential and emerging capabilities of network slicing to create virtual, dynamic, and secured paths to connect users with resources that require different levels and types of SLAs. Advance timing and synchronization, CUPS, and network slicing are foundational capabilities of the ACX7100 routers.
Automation and Programmability
To stay ahead of your users’ ever-changing business and personal requirements, your network must be more responsive, insightful, elastic, and resilient. In short, you need an automated, service-assured network. Juniper Paragon Automation, combined with an IP service fabric comprised of Cloud Metroready platforms featuring the ACX7100 Router, can help you gain a competitive advantage. The Paragon Automation Portfolio offers modular cloud-native software applications that deliver closed-loop automation, ensuring that end users receive an assured user experience throughout the life of their service at service provider, large enterprise, and cloud scale.
Juniper Paragon Automation will allow you to plan, model, and verify services before deployment, orchestrate end-to-end services, actively verify service quality across physical and virtual networks, and correlate network health by leveraging machine learning. Combined, these capabilities enable Juniper to provide operators with predictive analytics and gray failure analysis. The Paragon Automation Portfolio also simplifies path optimizations, slice creation, and management of your network. As an essential component of a Juniper Cloud Metro, Juniper Paragon Automation helps you quickly deploy new services and support your operational efforts to deliver and maintain highquality network services.
|ASIC throughput||4.8 Tbps||4.8 Tbps|
|Cooling||6x fans, frontto-back||6x fans, front-toback/back-to-front|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.36 x 1.75 x 23.42 in. (44.09 x 4.45 x 59.49 cm)||17.36 x 1.75 x 23.42 in. (44.09 x 4.45 x 59.49 cm)|
|Weight (lb/kg) fully configured||28.0 lb / 12.7 kg||26.9 lb / 12.2 kg|
|Power (DC)||-48 VDC through
|-48 VDC through
|Power (AC)||115/240 VAC||115/240 VAC|
|Typical power draw (without optics)*||500 W||270 W|
|Maximum power draw (without Optics)||960 W||620 W|
|Operating temperature||Operating (0-40 C), short term (0-55 C) GR-63 NEBS-L3||Operating (0-40 C), short term (0-55 C) GR-63 NEBS-L3|
|Humidity||5% through 90% noncondensing||5% through 90% noncondensing|
|Interfaces||32x 100GbE QSFP28/ QSFP-D
4x 400GbE QSFP56-DD
|48x 10GbE/25GbE/50GbE SFP56
6x 400GbE QSFP56-DD
|Synchronization interfaces||1x RJ-45 port + time of day (ToD)
1 M/10 M PPS input and output
|1x RJ-45 port + ToD
1 M/10 M PPS input and output
|Router Platform Features|
|Layer 2 Bridging||
|MPLS Service (Layer 2 and Layer 3)||
|Timing and Synchronization||
|Operation, Administration, and Maintenance||
|Quality of Service||
|Network Equipment Building System (NEBS)||
*Typical power consumption measured at 25ºC ambient with 50% load on all ports.
Download the Juniper Networks ACX7100 Series Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $72,450.00
Our Price: $72,450.00
Our Price: $4,173.00
Our Price: $4,695.00
Our Price: $5,216.00
Our Price: $6,521.00
Our Price: $8,346.00
Our Price: $10,433.00